Thursday, April 17, 2008

Whew!

It's over.

The Auction for Ben's school was last weekend, and I am officially exhausted and now have that achy-might-be-coming-down-with-something feeling. Just in time for work this weekend. Nice.
But we did it! And we managed to make a tidy sum of money for the school. The school exists solely on the tuition payments of 6 full-time students and about 37 part-time preschoolers. I mean: the rent for the building, all of the school supplies, recreational equipment and salaries for 3 staff members - all of it - funded completely by tuition. I honestly don't know how they do it.
The money made at the auction will go to more school supplies and, hopefully, expansion of the "playground" - which currently consists of one of these:



The small chest with the kids' artwork on it turned out ok.




But by the time I finished "doodling" on it, I was sufficiently tired of it.



I didn't really feel like looking at it anymore. Especially up close. So close that I had to remove my glasses from in front of my poor confused eyeballs (am I nearsighted? Am I farsighted? MAKE UP YOUR MINDS ALREADY!)



But somebody else happily paid just under $30.00 for it


8 comments:

Mad said...

That is beautiful...and a whole lot of work for $30.

the dragonfly said...

Now it's time to rest!! (at least for a few seconds)

:)

Sarcasta-Mom said...

Congrats, you should feel great about the money you guys raised :)

Misty said...

No! That chest was worth wayyyy more than $30. Look at it. I LOVE the doodles.

Nowheymama said...

I second Mad and Misty--love the doodles!
$30?! Cheap parents! ;)

theflyingmum said...

You all are so kind! I suppose it's all in the way you look at it. But it sort of paled in comparison to all the spa packages and dining out gift cert's, I guess.

NotSoSage said...

That is a whole lot of work...and good news that you don't have to look at it if it bugs you that much!

Congratulations!

Kathryn said...

I love that chest! It looks worth a lot more than $30. It is beautiful!
I love that playground! My boys would be in heaven on that thing.