Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The First Post in Months Where I Actually Say Something

Go Ask Alice
The holidays were busy. I think we can all agree on that. I know many of you eased off of blogging a bit from Thanksgiving through the start of the year. But I'm not going to use that as an excuse for why I completely stalled out in November. In fact, I'm not going to offer any excuses. The plain and simple truth is that I started to dislike blogging. What once was intended as a writing exercise, a creative outlet, started to feel more like an obligation. It was time for a break, so I took one.

It felt reeeeeally good, people - and I'm more than a little apprehensive about starting up again. I will likely be posting less than I previously did, and mostly just want to use this medium to support the whirlwind of creativity I am currently caught up in. Also, I like the kind of sharing of information, ideas and resources relevant to the group of folks I've met here, so if I find something I think may interest or help anyone, I'll happily post it.

Feed Your Head
I used my time well. I don't quite know what happened, or when, but some creative door opened up in my brain, and the ideas that are pouring out of it are many, varied, and (for me) exciting. If I tried to describe all of the projects I have on the table, this post would eat up most of my evening and yours. So instead I'll put up some pictures. Let me know what you think, and I'll try to post about them in the future.












Valentines Decorations














Valentines for my guys,birthday cards for Mom and my niece














Journals covered in imported papers















Gift tags and cards

6 comments:

alejna said...

A break can be a lovely thing. I'm glad you enjoyed yours.

It's nice to see some of the projects that have kept you busy. I love the Valentine's Day decorations. And the journals look wonderful, too.

the dragonfly said...

Taking a break is good, I think. I haven't been blogging long so I haven't needed one yet...but I know that time will come. And I'll probably breathe a sigh of relief.

I love the crafts you've been making! I'd love to have a journal like that.

Misty said...

I would love to have a journal like that. (Gonna open an etsy store?) And look at the cards! And I love the Valentine decor. I would have never taken it down.

I understand the "feeling like and obligation" blogging. So, just when you want to share, share. Spring is coming and I want to hear about the gardening and maybe a Tater, the next generation? :) We will be here whenever you are.

becky said...

Guess what, I'm not taking them down either! They are so cheerful and make me smile every time I see them. Soooo easy too - remember the ironed crayon shavings in waxed paper arts and crafts project form elementary school? Bingo.
And etsy is in the back of my mind...
But these are for the up-coming auction for ben's school.

Kathryn said...

Yes. Blogging sometimes starts to feel like a chore. And it shouldn't. A break was a good idea for you. Although I missed ya the whole time! :)
Glad you are back.

Saly said...

I was thinking of you and your hommade valentines from last year when we, once again, had the paper ones.

you are very creative, indeed!