Saturday, November 03, 2007

The LAST Post about Halloween for 2007. I SWEAR.

I did not eat any of the Halloween candy. Um, I did not eat any of the Halloween candy... after Halloween. I sent it to school with Ben to share there. Anyway, it was treat bags comprised of leftover favors and pinata candies from Ben's birthday party last August. Don't worry, it wasn't 3 month old chocolate (that never would have made it this long) rather "L@FfY TAfFy and suckers which I believe to be immortal.

Ben went with the home-made robot costume this year, though he struggled with that and wanting to be Darth Vader again. I made arms for the robot/Space Boy costume (featured here) using spray paint and plastic dryer duct tubing.



In the end, Ben's costume looked like this:



which, sadly, made me think of this:

8 comments:

Kathryn said...

That costume is great! Man I feel like such a non-creative mom with my kids in their store-bought costumes when I see all these creative costumes on everyone's blogs. As the boys get older I can see I'm going to have to step up my game.
;)

Family Adventure said...

The costume is AWESOME. I do see some resemblance, too....

:)

Heidi

allrileyedup said...

"I look like Tom Selleck!" That was a hilarious clip.

alejna said...

The costume looks great! (And yeah, I can see what you mean about the resemblance to the one in the clip. Funny.)

Good for you, parting with post-Halloween candy, too. Such strength.

Alpha DogMa said...

I am making the ultimate sacrifice by eating all the candy that contains peanuts - the kids can not take it to school afterall.

The OmegaMan made costumes like that for the DrKnow's fourth birthday party which had a space theme. He did up three costumes, including one for himself. He was the hit of the party, so much so that no one noticed my Star Trek costume.

Sober Briquette said...

I saw another robot who used the dryer duct and foil roasting pans. He had a dial on the front that had a bunch of sayings (can't remember, but cute) pointing to "more candy needed."

Victoria said...

Awesome costume!!!!

Mad Hatter said...

I love the costume.