Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me(me)

Happy Birthday to Me(me) Part I This Post is Late
Over one week late, actually. You see Sunday, October 28th, was my 44th birthday and I had intended to finally post my "Factoids to the Power of Four" meme that Alpha DogMa tagged me with weeks ago because 44, power of 4... But as it turned out, on my ACTUAL birthday I was not interested in blogging AT ALL. And the reason is a whole blog post by itself (oooooo, foreshadowing.) So without further ado, or to do: TFM's Factoids to the Power of Four Four jobs I've had: 1. Resident Advisor in a dormitory at WWU 2.Park Leader / Day camp Leader (summer job last three years of college) 3.Curatorial Assistant at the Washington State Historical Society Museum (when it was still down by Stadium High School) - this was a temporary job that morphed into a gift shop cashier / manager job. But as I was the only one there, I was just managing myself. Fun. 4.Substitute teacher (a thankless job that sent me on the path to my current job, feeding the hungry, traveling masses) Four movies I could watch over and over: Well, I can think of two right off the bat - 1. When Harry Met Sally 2. The Wedding Singer and since I've seen it more times than I know, and I still like it I have to add 3. Monsters Inc. One more, urgh, this is hard, um... 4.OH! Elf. Still funny, every time. ("Syrup in coffee! Why didn't I think of that?!") Four TV shows I like - reality version: I'm not a big fan of reality television, though for one season I was shamelessly enthralled by 1. The Surreal Life - the one with Tammy Faye & Ron Jeremy. Now THERE'S a pair. I just couldn't tear my eyes away from it, I think I even taped it a couple of times, and made TFH watch it too. 2. Last season, for the first time, TFH and I watched American Idol. But mostly I just like the beginning of the season when they're out auditioning around the country. We watch A LOT of Discovery Channel - the only station I feel comfortable exposing Ben to in the evenings. My absolute favorite show is: 3. Cash Cab. I'm not sure if this really qualifies as "reality" - except that it is not scripted, and the contestants don't know they are on a game show until they get in the cab. But I have memorized the cab's number. And I'll be watching for YOU when I'm in NY, Benjamin Bailey. 4. a tie between Dirty Jobs and Myth Busters Four TV shows that I like - non-reality version 1. the best show of all time: F*R*I*E*N*D*S. Those writers should win an award! What? They did? HOW many times? I rest my case. See above re: evening TV habits. I don't watch much prime-time TV these days. But I have seen and liked very much: 2. Scrubs 3. The New Adventures of Old Christine 4. I saw the season premier of "Shark," with James Woods, and loved it, but I have yet to see another episode. Someone tell me if it's still good, please - maybe I'll start taping it. Four places I've gone on vacation: We moved up to Washington state from California when I was 5, so for most of my childhood vacations were spent visiting family in 1. California We also went camping a lot. My favorite trip was deep into the woods of 2. Montana 3. Arizona (to visit a friend after college, when I was miserably employed as a substitute teacher) 4. Hawaii. We've been to Oahu and Maui. I told TFH that I want to go there every year. The last time I was there was on a layover in 2005. *sigh* Four favorite foods: Many of these are things I try not to eat anymore. (I've lost six pounds and am still working on it. My goal weight is 34 pounds away...) 1. home-baked cake with vanilla ice cream 2. mashed potatoes with gravy 3. chicken enchiladas ( A recipe I must share with Swistle, because it is creamy and chickeny and VERY yummy.) 4. My friend Monica Landry's raw brownies. These are the one sweet treat I am letting myself enjoy right now, and they're doing a good job of keeping me out of Ben's Halloween stash. If I get her permission I will share the recipe with you all. Four web sites I visit daily: Lately I have not been on the computer daily. I find I am losing too much of my day under the spell cast by the Internet and so am limiting my time spent here, but when I do turn it on I fairly regularly visit: 1. Comcast's Home page - unavoidable 2. My blog 3. The Hunger Site 4. There is no other site that I visit daily Four places I would rather be: 1. Hawaii 2. Disney World, because I have never been there. 3. A resort/spa like The Clearwater, or maybe the Lake Quinault Lodge 4. on a masseuse's table Four bloggers I tag: Well, I've waited long enough to do this that these folks may have already been tagged, but I'll take my chances with: 1. Sara (fodder for NaBloPoMo!) 2. Misty 3. Kathryn 4. YOU!

11 comments:

Misty said...

I have been chosen!

Yes!

So, I take it that I just take the little categories and fill them in? Got it. Also, forget Swistle. I NEED creamy cheesy chicken enchilada recipe as well as raw brownie recipe. Because I have no idea what that is and now must find out.

Family Adventure said...

I love Hawaii, too!

And happy belated birthday!

Heidi

Kathryn said...

Weehoo! I love it! Thanks for tagging me. I haven't done this one yet.

Happy Birthday to you!
Ya know, they say that 44 is the new 22. :)

Jennifer said...

I'd rather be in Hawaii, too.

Watching Elf.

Eating everything on my own "I no longer eat" list.

Hee. This was fun to read. Now I'm looking forward to the Why I Didn't Blog on My Birthday post. Oh, and: Happy Birthday!

Beck said...

Happy birthday to you!
And remember: The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear.

Sara said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Fodder indeed!

theflyingmum said...

44 is the new 22? Oh, Kathryn, that is the best present I've gotten this year, thank you!

Alpha DogMa said...

Happy happy birthday!

The OmegaMan loves MythBusters, too. But he thinks its a DIY show so I try to distract him from watching it. I've got to see Elf, eveyone who shares my sense of humour, loves it. And speaking of substitute teachers: check out my post today. I will make you realize how much better off you are now.

the dragonfly said...

Happy Birthday!!

The Sergeant also loves Myth Busters. And it's actually one of the shows he likes that I don't mind watching. :)

theflyingmum said...

AD: a DIY show, heeheeehee! TFH and I wonder how these guys managed to get such cool jobs.

Nowheymama said...

Sara tagged me, so I did this meme, too.