Thursday, October 25, 2007

Monday Mission

Next Monday is my last as host of the Monday Missions. Painted Maypole has so, so graciously offered to take them on again for November (Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Painted Maypole. Thank You!) Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy hosting, it's just that it's a bit hard coming up with topics. Back before the month started, TFH and I sat outside on the deck at a nearby restuarant and brainstormed some ideas for topics. Man, it was sunny and warm - that seems like forever-ago already. Sheesh. Anyway, I had this little miniature composition book, and we came up with some great topics, some of which you enjoyed this past month (anyone care to guess where I got the idea for "restaurant menu?") But then, I lost the notebook. Misplaced it, whatever. I have not been able to find it. And the only topics I could remember were the menu one and the TV programming one. That's two. There were five Mondays in October. Well, I did remember one other topic, but for some reason I just couldn't bring myself to put "My 4-H project" out there. So, by about Wednesday, I start stressing, because I want to post the topic on Friday so you folks have some time to mull it over and a couple of days to work on it. Then, just when I think I'm tapped out, something will come to me. Such is the case again tonight. This Monday's Mission, open to all who would like to play: You are a Superstar! What are the tabloids saying about you today? Remember to let me know via email or comments when your post is up, and I will provide a link to it here.

8 comments:

Misty said...

That is a really good one. Although I can totally understand the freaking out because the blogosphere expects you to ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING. I mean, dude. Who has enough responsibilities already? Show of hands? I can't ever even think of what to write when someone else comes up with the topic!

allrileyedup said...

This is a hilarious idea. I can't wait to try it out.

To answer the question in your comment on my latest post, I lived in NOLA for 4 1/2 years.

Sarcasta-Mom said...

All right, I totally missed the last one becasue my camera was on the fritz, and I didn't want to blog about kid art without a good photo. This one, I'm commited to!

So sad you're not doing this anymore, but I'm sure Maypole will do great as well.

Kathryn said...

Ooohhh! That is a great one! LOVE IT!

painted maypole said...

i have my mission up!!! :)

Suz said...

Mine's up too at http://bakerswife.typepad.com/withinthewoods/2007/10/tots-about-town.html

Family Adventure said...

The mission was excellent, though. Me thinks you work well under pressure. I enjoyed reading them all.

- Heidi :)

theflyingmum said...

Yes, I was always putting off homework until the last possible minute and managed to graduate HS with honors. My problem is that it is really hard to retain any important information when you work so hastily. I have never developed a good memory as a result.
Yep, nothin' in my noggin. :)