Monday, October 15, 2007

Monday Mission

Transportation Device


This device enables one to be transported to foreign lands in the blink of an eye. With it, one can scale the highest mountains, plunge far below the seas or travel into deepest space. But this device not only transports in this space and time - it enables one to travel back in time or into the future - where one may walk among people young and old: kings and queens as well as the lowliest pauper.

Or, if one prefers to observe nature, this device enables one to safely reside among animals wild and domestic. An added feature allows the observer to enter the minds of any living creature and understand its thoughts and emotions.

Alternate models provide the journeyman an opportunity to understand and work with great machines.

Best of all, this device can be temporarily yours at absolutely no cost whatsoever, or permanently yours for a nominal fee.



***************************************************




added @ 7:00 pm PDT:
My apologies for being late back here, I was out all day and didn't get back til a little after 6:00 pm PDT. And then blogger wouldn't let me edit, save or publish; what is up with that?!
Anyhoo, I'm providing a link for anyone who posted a Monday Mission today, just let me know via email or comments.
Aljena is submitting her poem Requited which was written a few months ago but is just too darn good to pass by. Thanks, Aljena!

8 comments:

alejna said...

So nice. I think I may just have one or two of those amazing devices around the house. Or perhaps a few more. They are indeed marvelous. And so was your post.

I have a work deadline today, so I don't expect to accomplish the Monday Mission this week. However, this week's mission did bring to mind a past post I had written: a bit of "poetry" I called "requited."

Kathryn said...

Ah yes, books. I wonder when I will be able to indulge in one of those again. I mean one that does not have pictures of trucks, dogs, or bunnies on it and has it's pages stuck together with jelly.

Sober Briquette said...

I'm having kind of a crappy day, and this really lifted my spirits. Both looking at something mundane in a different way (I didn't get it until you told me!) and thinking about just how valuable books are. I love my (public) library.

Misty said...

Um, is it really awful that my librarian self was thinking "TV"?

theflyingmum said...

Ohhhhh, Misty. Tsk, tsk.
(kidding)

Nowheymama said...

Lovely!

Alpha DogMa said...

Regarding your comment at my place: meme when the spirit moves you! I'm stockpiling memes in anticipation/dread of NaBloPoMo.

PS - happy early birthday.

painted maypole said...

fun... at first I thought photo albums, then I thought TV....then had to come to... BOOKS!