Monday, October 01, 2007

Monday Mission

This week's Monday Mission: "Congratulations! You are a top executive at a breakout new cable TV company. TV Guide wants to publish a sampling of your new fall lineup. For this post, please provide them with a description of some of the new shows."

New from the Public Broadcasting Service and Direct TV - The "Parent's Media Service," supported by families, for families. Some of the highlights this fall on PMS: "Don't Put It In Your Mouth!" A Look at some of the choking hazards for the pre-three set. Each week we will focus on a new small object and give an overview on Heimlich and CPR proceedures. "Peek-a-Boo, ICU" A follow up to "Don't Put It in Your mouth," this show covers the many things that could put someone's eye out. "Little Siouxsie Homemaker" - Learn how to cook like a former rock star. Siouxsie Sioux has traded in her microphone for mashed potatoes! "Are You Kidding Me?!" A reality TV show that takes an "intimate" look into the life of two sets of new parents. This show may be unsuitable for young children. Oh, who are we kidding, nothing ever happens. NOTHING.
Well, there you have it, my lame entry for this week's Monday Mission. Please let me know via comments or email (theflyingmum at comcast dot net) if you put a Monday Mission post up today, as I will be providing a list of links right here, with these women who totally rocked it this week: 1. Mad Hatter with "Lactation Nation" 2. Painted Maypole with "Lactation Station" 3. Aljena with AHTV 4. Jen with Show-y

10 comments:

painted maypole said...

my favorite is "Peek-a-Boo, ICU" ;)

Mad Hatter said...

Oh I want to be a homemaker just like Siouxsie.

alejna said...

Lame? Who are you kidding. Those were inspired! I'd watch the Siouxsie show. (And the "Pee-a-Boo, ICU" one made me snicker. Does this make me a bad mother?)

I've put up my subMission, too: Introducing AHTV.

Jennifer said...

Peek-A-Boo, ICU is hilarious. These are all great. "Are You Kidding Me?" HA! Love it.

Sadly, I just posted today and had forgotten about the Monday Mission. And, alas, I'll be out of town for the next two Missions as well. I'm hoping to catch up with all of you for Mission #4!

theflyingmum said...

You all are too kind. Thanks for playing along. I need to find my little notebook that had all my Monday Mission ideas in it so that I can give you some advance notice. It's around here somewhere...

Jen said...

I would actually watch "Peek A Boo"!

I'm playing along, too! http://fiveforefun.blogspot.com/2007/10/show-y.html

Beck said...

Oh my gosh, you're funny.

McMama said...

just plain funny, that's what you are....and from that the hilarity that followed.
i can't get over mad hatter.
thanks for introducing me to more funny mamas.
i needed it today

Nowheymama said...

HA!

allrileyedup said...

Peek A Boo, ICU sounds like a great pop-up book for children.