Thursday, October 04, 2007

Monday Mission: "May I Take Your Order?"

Today's mission was to write a post in the form of a restaurant menu.

The Differing Opinions Deli
Appetizers Well, for STARTERS there's: Skins - loaded with jibes and dripping with sarcasm Lotsayella Sticks Pooh-Poohed Platter Salads and (a)Sides: Garden Variety Disagreement Mixed Greens with Envy Sour Grapes Insalata I-Can't-Take-It-No-More-Eh* Cheese -n- Rice! Entrees Food for Thought The Meat of It All: Blackened (Rib) Eye Duck (& Cover) Mixed Grrrrr-ill Crow Dessert Let's Just Finish This With: Humble Pie, with a generous scoop of "I Scream!" Cake, as long as you don't think you can have it and eat it too. Beverages Whine Milk it for all it's worth So, for those of you with an "appetite" for adventure today, (sorry, couldn't resist) please send a link to your Monday Mission post to me either via email (theflyingmum at comcast dot net) or in comments, and I will link you up here! * a nod to my friends (and relatives: Hi Tracy!) in The Great White North Currently seated at the counter: 1. Painted Maypole with dinner at "Chez Maypole" 2. Aljena with "Cereal: It's What's for Dinner" 3. Jen with "Menu"

10 comments:

Beck said...

Heh, these are so SMART!
What a funny post.

theflyingmum said...

Aw shucks, thanks!

Misty said...

Great job!

painted maypole said...

I've done my own - sort of. ;)

Nowheymama said...

This? Is awesome.

allrileyedup said...

This was fun. I'm going to have to remember to do this next week. I especially liked Garden Variety Disagreement.

jen said...

i LOVED this.

alejna said...

This was so very clever. I love me some puns. (I was partial to the skins "dripping with sarcasm." Sounds tasty!)

I have my post up, too. Late, I know...but, well, we were travelling today. And I posted it just as soon as I finished my dinner bowl of cereal.

Mad Hatter said...

This was fabulous. Sorry I didn't play along but what with it being a holiday here in Canada and the Just Posts coming up on Wed, I simply had no time.

Could I please have a serving of crow?

Jen said...

I am finally up, too! Great job everyone else. :)