Wednesday, September 05, 2007

A Fresh Start (alt. title: "Love, and a Leatherman")

OK, I'm back home now. The Leatherman has been found. It was in the pocket of TFH's blue coveralls. He took it from Ben about a week ago, because Ben wanted to play "Plungerman" (?!!) I don't know exactly what "Plungerman" is. No one does save Ben, that is. It doesn't involve the plunger in the bathroom, thank God. Today I dropped Ben off at his first day of First grade - we decided to go with the Montessori this year, as I still have yet to receive anything from the public school where he attended Kindergarten last year telling us when school starts. (The answer is: TODAY!) TFH has doctors appointments all day today, set up by the VA to determine his veterans medical benefits. Look at me! I'm alone! I'm all alone in my house! (shuffle-ball-change, sashay... jazz-hands!)

7 comments:

Beck said...

Jazz hands!
I was alone with The Baby today and I didn't know what to DO with myself after a whole summer amusing my monsters. I figured it out, though.

NotSoSage said...

Heheh.

I can totally see the jazz hands.

jen said...

here's to you and a quiet space.

allrileyedup said...

Leatherman should really take the idea of a Plungerman and create an option that includes a plunger. Then you could sue them for stealing your word.

nowheymama said...

I'll be interested to hear how you like the Montessori school. I finally put up my post about our first week!

McMama said...

i'm glad the leatherman is back. i can relate to you on the mothering guilt....i've got a small jar in the kitchen that i've started to save for the boys' psycho-therapy.

Mad Hatter said...

Thanks for the closure. I was wondering if the leatherman ever turned up.