Friday, July 06, 2007

8 Things You Did Not Previously Know About Me

Hello friends! I hope you are enjoying the warm weather as much as I am. We are having absolutely gorgeous weather here and are spending as much time as possible outside. With our fair freckly skin this means we are keeping the sunscreen companies in the black while preventing our tender flesh from becoming too red. I am back at the computer today because AlphaDogMa has tagged me with the 8 things meme. Here are the rules (which I have lifted from Beck. Lifted: I just learned that from my computer this morning when I read that Avril Lavigne is being sued for "lifting" the melody and chorale progression from a 1970's song called "I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend.") A. Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. B. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog. SO, 8 things you probably didn't know about me: 1. I have lived in 4 different states: on two coasts and on one of the great lakes. 2. At one point in my life I wanted to have LOTS of children. Later I wanted to have ZERO children, I now have one son who is rapidly approaching age 6. 3. "Nevermind" by Nirvana still totally ROCKS! 4. I cried when Jim Henson died. 5. One of the reasons why I love summer is because my husband takes on some of the dinner making responsibilities. We have grilled 3 out of the past 4 nights! (hooray for summer!) 6. I love birthday cake! With ice cream! 7. I took ballet lessons one day a week every week (except during the summer) from kindergarten until my senior year of high school. 8. When I quit I went up a full dress size. 9.I never could and still can not do a pirouette en pointe. 10. My favorite color is purple. I do not know 8 bloggers to pass this on to - or more accurately, I don't know 8 bloggers who have not already been tagged with this meme. So I will tag No Whey, Mama (PS: Congratulations! Again!) Sara, I know you recently did your "100 Things," can you think of 8 more? Raehan, Swistle, Jennifer (Ponderosa), Jennifer (Faking It), and Misty. Well, that's 7 - as close as I can get to 8 - and I'm not really sure that all seven of you have yet to do this meme. If you've already done it, please accept my apologies, and as always, this is not a chain letter and you will not receive 8 years of bad luck for not doing it, so do it if you like, but please don't feel obligated. ****also, my apologies: I copied/pasted the tags into all your comments because I am just that lazy - only to find that I tagged you all with "tha 8 things meme."****

5 comments:

Jennifer (ponderosa) said...

When I was in gymnastics we had to do ballet too and we HATED it, but I think that's because we had a goofy instructor. Now I'm 36 (gasp!) and I would love to take dance classes. I've been considering it for fall.

Thanks for tagging me! I'll get on it tomorrow : )

Alpha DogMa said...

1. Which coast is better?
2. Yes, reality is such a drag, huh?
3. Love the Paul Anka version.
4. Ditto for me.
5. Any recipes to share?
6. How do you feel about pie?
7. When I was 16 and quit running track my father - who was gravely disappointed - announced, "Well now you are going to get FAT." So out of spite, I developed an eating disorder. Cos that is what passes for logic when you are 16. Yeesh.
8. see above.
9. hey, what is going on? It was suppose to be 8! Are you showing off?
10. Purple like Barney or more like lilac or mauve?

allrileyedup said...

I was just in Seattle. You're not alone with your love of Nevermind.

nowheymama said...

I did it, finally!

Beck said...

Feel free to borrow any meme from my you like.
Purple is my favorite, too. I'd still like lots of kids - but I probably won't have them - and we won't talk about how many dresses sizes I've gone up since high school. And speaking of dresses, I bought mine online at the Canadian Sears store.