Monday, May 14, 2007

Monday Mission: Forecast Calls for Pain

Clouds that blew in yesterday afternoon / evening are expected to linger into the morning hours. Despite the later-than-usual setting of the Son last night, Sonrise occurred earlier than expected. This will lead to high pressure gradients that are expected to depart around 8:10 am. Late morning sunshine accompanied by high levels of intention mixed with lack of motivation could cause some fog in low-lying areas. Fog should lift by about 2:00 pm, but high pressure system expected to return around 4:10 pm. Sonset WILL BE ENFORCED by 8:00 pm, immediately followed by a collapse in the frontal system, driving the high pressure system west where it should stabilize by about 10:00 pm. Weather systems are unpredictable and should not be relied upon when making long-term plans. This forecast courtesy of theflyingmum weather service.

15 comments:

Sober Briquette said...

10:00 is when my frontal system collapses every night, too.

My daughter is a late sleeper and usually late to school (which is only pre-K, so it "doesn't count") but we're going to be in trouble next year, getting her up and out of the house by 7:35... No sunshine predicted.

nowheymama said...

Hee - two funny posts in a row.

Our PTO meets at 9am on Thursday mornings. Nice welcoming message to send to working parents, right? I haven't been to a meeting yet, but I haven't heard good things.

Also, my meme is finally done!

c4cara said...

I hope sleep and being pampered are in your forecast.

Mary G said...

I love 'sonrise' and all the variations. And I hope your front has now passed.
Funny, funny lady.

Mad Hatter said...

OK, I've seen three of these forecasts today and they are all brilliant. Bravo.

jen said...

oh, nicely done. very funny.

i predict son-nier skies on the horizon.

theflyingmum said...

The high pressure system has drifted off. And tonight, I think I'll hit the sack early too.
De: the mornings when Ben sleeps late are actually not that bad. We just have to get everything (clothes, breakfast, teeth brushed) done quickly, then it's wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am out to the bus stop. Not as much whining as you'd expect.
Sarah: I'll put a link up for your meme answers. And the PTO at 9:00 am? Yeah, not too subtle , folks.
Cara, Mary G, Mad and jen: thanks - I've read De's, now I need to find who else did one and go read theirs! Did I say early to bed? Oh well.

Mayberry said...

Love it! Thanks for visiting to read mine too.

NotSoSage said...

Sonrise? Sonset?

Oh, this makes me want to have a little boy...maybe we won't be waiting much longer. ;)

allrileyedup said...

Hilarious! We always suffer choppy weather during the night. It's a problem.

theflyingmum said...

Sage:
I always thought I wanted a girl (I even cried when I looked at the "stick" because I knew right then that it would be a boy - well, that and we'd decided not to have any kids...) But, boys... oh boys. My boy, he is all mine. Boys are just lovely. I'm not knockin' girls, we all know that girls rock (DUH!) I'm just sayin'. And a good friend once told me that there is never a "good time" or "right time" to have kids. She was right.

Beck said...

You're funny!
Son set here (and daughter set too, for that matter) is at 7:30.

Sara said...

Yes, my boy is all mine too. I love my momma's boy.

theflyingmum said...

7:30 is looking like the better option...
must try 7:30.

bubandpie said...

Oh, yes. The late sonset followed by early sonrise. We know all about that one around here.