Friday, May 25, 2007

10:00 pm

It's 10:00 pm. We are home from a loooong day of shopping and visiting. My "Boys" are asleep. I'm enjoying some of my favorite craft blogs, and Luna and Larry's Coconut Bliss chocolate cacao crunch. Suh-Weeeet! Tomorrow we are going to the Folklife Festival in Seattle. I have been, I think, 5 times in years past. Seattle has a lot of festivals, but this is my favorite. It is held at the Seattle World's Fair Grounds (where the Space Needle is. For a vintage view of this location rent the Elvis movie "World's Fair.") My brother is going with us. I imagine it gets a little boring hanging out with Mom and Dad every weekend. Plus the music, food, and vendors at the festival are always fabulous. The last time I went was two years ago. Mr. TFM was away at sea, and Ben was still little enough to fit in his stroller. This year he'll be hoofin' it, this should be... interesting? I'm anxious to stroll through the vedor booths this year. You can find really unique items: hand-made brooms, imported beads, lovely original artwork. And we have promised Ben a trip to the Science Center afterwards. We'll be pooped again tomorrow night! I'll try to remember to take the digital camera along and post some photo's.

6 comments:

jen said...

man, wandering that festival sounds divine.

so very.

Alpha DogMa said...

Gah! A cultural outing? With child? And shopping? Am GREEN with envy!
I love the Space Needle park area. It is like something out of the Jetsons.
Also, I heartily approve of the Darth Vader photo. I think Ben would get on well with my two. Who alternate between dressing as Darth Vader and wearing their Padawan Learner costumes.

NotSoSage said...

Oooh, sounds like fun! Have an excellent time and, yes, photos, please!

raehan said...

An awful lot of special bloggers live in the Seattle area. Must be a special place to live.

c4cara said...

Was the festival fun? Hope so.
I spent all weekend learning about the varied and interesting uses for Plaster as a sculpture medium. Amoung other things, we plastered over my face, and I LIVED. grin.

theflyingmum said...

Hi, all. I'm working on a Folklife post with photos, but today is GORGEOUS and I must, MUST go outside and play!