Tuesday, March 20, 2007

relief

God help Ben when he's older. I've heard some mom's joke about their worries of children who never seem to want to give up nursing - you know, the "I'll be carying a teenager around in this sling.." type jokes? But what about the poor kid whose mother never wants to let him out of her sight? Ok, I probably won't go to the prom (unless I can finagle a chaperone position), but Boy Scout camping trips? Nope, I'll be there. I can only imagine, but pretty well, the joy, gratitude and relief that this boy's mother (and father) felt about an hour ago.

4 comments:

Sara said...

I couldn't even BEGIN to imagine....

NotSoSage said...

I only just read about this. Goodness, yes...how scary would that be!

jen said...

amen. just, well...amen.

nowheymama said...

Ok, so we're crossing Boy Scout camping trips off the list of acceptable activities. Sorry, Eli.